I think that middle school and high school is a great arena to practice these skills in order for teens to take ownership of their success and to start being proactive toward learning what they’re doing that works well, and what needs improvement.
The #1 skill that this Stanford Dean argues that young adults need to learn is:
Every time I do a speaking engagement, I ask the audience, “Raise your hand if you ever procrastinate.”
About 75% of the audience raises their hand and the other 25% is lying. (LOL)
Whether you’re an adult or a teen, we are all guilty of succumbing to the definition of procrastination: to be slow or late about doing something that should be done; to delay doing something until a later time because you do not want to do it.
Procrastination occasionally or on less important items on your to-do list is normal and should not be cause for alarm.
However, when procrastination takes a toll on the quality of your life and you continue to do it, then it must be addressed. Procrastination is a habit and it negatively impacts the quality of life for many teenagers.
In order for teens to tackle the habit of procrastination, here’s the ONE thing that they need to know: Continue reading →
Chances are if you’re reading this, you either know a millennial, or are a millennial. You may even live under the same roof as one!
In general terms, millennials are considered to be the generation born after 1981. However, did you know there is a subset of the millennial generation called Generation Z?
“Generation Z” are those who were born after 1998.
If you’re the parent of a Generation Z teen, you may be confused by their behavior and interests. In fact, as much as you love them, you’re probably often just as frustrated and want to scream, “What’s the deal with millennials?! And get off your darn phone!”
The projected number of Gen Z teens in the USA alone is over 46 million. They’re not going away anytime soon.
So, if you want to understand that YouTube watching, Snapchat using, selfie posting young adult in your life, here’s 3 things that you need to know.
Change can be scary. Oftentimes teens may be stubborn and resistant to try something new because it feels uncomfortable. Fear of uncertainty fills them with self-doubt. They think, “What if I try this new thing and it doesn’t work?”
It is true that trying new things can be uncomfortable, but learning to be comfortable with being uncomfortable is a crucial skill that everybody needs to learn in order to be successful.
Success comes from learning and growing. When one does not stretch himself out of his comfort zone, then neither is possible.
Here are three tips that will help teens move from stubborn and resistant to more open to trying new things.
I am thrilled this week to have a guest blogger. Please meet my awesome friend Gretchen Wegner, creator of the Anti-Boring Approach to Powerful Studying. In her quick video below, she explains the ONE thing that students need to understand in order to rock at studying. Check it out!
Whether you’re a teen who wants more success in school or an entrepreneur struggling through her first year of business, we all get knocked off track sometimes. The truth is that anything worth pursuing is going to be hard. There will be challenges. There will be upsets.
You may have a great plan in place, but then inevitably, you get thrown a curveball that may derail you. The secret to success is not learning how to avoid set backs, it’s having the tools to recover from them. Success is not about perfection; it’s about knowing what you want and getting back on the horse even when you are knocked down.
An “anchor” is a great tool to get you back on track.
New Year’s Resolutions are just are a fancy way to say goals. Goals themselves do not work because they are usually too big or too vague, there’s usually too many elements out of your control, and they don’t help you create a plan on how you’re going to achieve what you want.
Let’s make Well-Designed Actions (WDA’s) and MIT’s (Most Important Task of the Day) instead!